Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Meatloaf

When I was younger I would cringe at the word Meatloaf. I think it was because the recipes that I ate had onions and bell peppers in them. So I came up with a kid friendly recipe that the kids , and my picky husband, all love. It's very basic ingredients and always yummy.


2 lbs. Ground Chuck
1/2 package Ritz Crackers
2 Tbsp. Milk
2 Eggs
2 tsp. Garlic Powder
2 tsp. Seasoned Salt
1 tsp. Pepper

1 cup Ketchup
2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar

Crumble Ritz crackers and place in large bowl with milk. Add ground chuck, eggs, and seasonings and mix well. Press mixture into a loaf pan and bake on 375 for 30-35 minutes until center is cooked through.
In a small bowl mix ketchup and brown sugar well and spoon on the top of the meatloaf. Bake on 400 for an additional 5-7 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I have so many meatloaf recipes and I love meatloaf but my family not so much. I love how this one is so simple on the flavors I kept telling my son, "There's no onions, no peppers! So eat up!" LOL Made it tonight and loved it so thanks! And I know Crystal said she tried it too, so I guess nobody is commenting but we are all trying the recipes :) Love you girly

    ReplyDelete